Sunday, February 22, 2009

Knitting From Stash

This year I am planning on knitting from my stash so I can get rid of some of it so it won't take up so much space. I don't like having so much 'stuff' and well... it seems like I have lots of craft stuff, not just yarn and needles.

So far this year I have only bought 1 skein of yarn(for Marlene socks) for myself... aside from the Tangled Skeins boxing week sale(that doesn't count...I used Christmas money). From my stash I have knit a doggie sweater, 8 dish clothes, a dish towel, a pair of thrummed mittens and another pair are started... I made 2 pair of hand warmers too. I've made a pair of socks and a cowl. And, I have made a hat and scarf from some yarn I got at the boxing week sale. Oh, and a pair of sheep baby booties which I had bought the yarn specific for.

So, I think I am doing well sticking to the plan. I will have to actually buy some yarn to make an afghan for my sister and her boyfriend for when they move into their house and if I intend on making a sweater I will have to buy yarn for that too. I am going to make a shawl out of some Berroco Alpaca yarn that I have ...was going to be for my sister but I showed her the colour last night and she complained about it. So, I am going to make it and if she likes it she can have it... if not she will just have to wait for a while until I feel like making another one. She said the colour wasn't bright enough. I told her she is going to have to pick out her own yarn and pattern then... I am sick of making up my mind as to what I will make for her just for her to tell me she doesn't like it. Oh, and she was also like... yeah once you make me this one I will have to get you to make me a few more... I was like, ha, good luck with that!! lol.

Atleast the dog likes his sweater!

No comments: